Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

It's Thanksgiving day and a perfect chance to reflect on all of the wonderful things I have to be grateful for in my life - primarily Colby, Paisley and Curtis! The other day, Paisley looked over at Colby and said "I love you, Colby!" with a passion that would warm anyone's heart! It just makes me smile to think about it. She's so full of emotions these days - as your typical 2 year old girl will be - and everything she says is a superlative. "That's amazing!" "Whoa, I can't believe it!" "UMMM, this is delicious!" Wouldn't it be great if we could all live our lives with such zeal.

Here are 5 things I'm particularly thankful for today:
1) Family. I love seeing my children interact with their grandparents, aunts and uncles and other loved ones. It's nice to be able to spend the holidays with those we love.
2) My granddad. I am grateful for my granddad who is almost 90 years old. I am blessed that he's lived this long and that he still has all of his wits about him. And I feel especially blessed that he was able to baptize both of my children.
3) Our anniversary. Today is mine and Curtis' 4 year wedding anniversary. We feel blessed that we have achieved such a milestone and look forward to many more years together. I can honestly say I love him more and more each year!!
4) Seeing the world through the eyes of a child. Watching the Macy's Day parade this AM with a 2 year old gave me such a new appreciation for the event. She got sooo excited to see the bands, floats and balloons. It's so nice to see things through the eyes of a child.
5) Turkey and other thanksgiving goodies. I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite meal. I feel stuffed and happy right now.

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

Yes, we had to watch the Barbie Island Princess float about five times this year! Bryant's favorite was definitely Sesame Street. Can you believe they still have the same grown-ups that were there when we were little? Man, those guys are getting old. What does that say about us? :)