Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Colby!


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Boy
How You Fill Our Hearts
With JOY!

Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet little Colby! I can't believe you're 1 already - it went by too fast. I want to share a few feelings I have for you, although I cannot begin to capture them all in words. 

You make me happy EVERY day!
Your laughter is contagious. Your smile is warming. Your tears are heartbreaking. And your spirit is strong.
I love the way you let me love you - the long cuddles and the way you nuzzle up to me when you are sleepy. I love how you find humor in so many little things in life. You give away smiles and giggles easily... and you are playful and good-spirited every day.
You are accepting of everyone and bring everyone who knows you so much joy. I cannot imagine my life without you and I thank God for "unanswered prayers" - I always wanted a little boy for your daddy's sake, but I never knew how much I wanted one for myself. I'm sure glad God knew what I needed more than I even knew!!!

Thank you God for our sweet little Colby. Please slow down the clock so I can enjoy the time before it disappears and you are all grown up.
I love you, lil' man.

No comments: