Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter to a 4 year old

Happy Easter, friends. He is risen! I'm so blessed and grateful for my King! Isn't this just a wonderful day! It has always been one of my favorites.

I asked Paisley this afternoon if she remembered what was special about today - of course, we went to church this morning then opened the basket of goodies left by the Easter Bunny (and Nana) afterwards, and she has been learning about it in school for weeks, so there has been plenty of mention of what today is... but I wanted to see how she'd answer me.

She guessed correctly that today was Easter. I asked her what was special about Easter. And this is how she answered.
"Jesus gives us spring bunnies... (pause) and He gave us life too."
Simplistic. Yes.
True. Yes.
Were there some major omissions in her definition? Yes... but in light of what today is really about, I know He understands.

No comments: