Thursday, October 4, 2007

Grateful Thoughts

Here are my grateful thoughts for the day:
1) Paisley's Happiness at School. When Paisley first started her 2 year old class at Mother's-Day-Out this year she wasn't happy. She'd cry on her way to school and she'd cry when I picked her up. And she never wanted to discuss her day. I discovered she was in a class that was for the younger 2's and wasn't being challenged very much (it was more of a babysitter situation) so I pushed to have her moved up to the older 2's class (where they were following a curriculum and stricter schedule). She is a different child now. She smiles when we pull in to the parking lot and she's happy when I pick her up. She loves to tell me about her day and she is excited about her teachers. I feel that God was telling me all along that she needed to be in this class... I just didn't act on it right away. I am so grateful now that she is where she was meant to be and that she is happy to go to mother's-day-out!
2) Brian and Lu. My friend's Brian and Lu got engaged on Monday night and it was such a beautiful moment. The best part is that I got to witness the whole thing (as well as a few other of our friends). Not many people get to experience two people they love getting engaged and it was priceless. May they have much happiness in their new life together.
3) Fall. The weather is getting crisp and cool and the leaves are beginning to fall. It's the most wonderful time of year. I love it!
4) Babies. I have several friends who are having babies or just had a baby. Janene is due any day now. Kellye and Sally are due in December. Hope is due in March. Kristin and Susan are due in April. Angie just had her little boy in September. It's just such a blessing to be surrounded by such love. Babies ARE happiness!
5) Curtis is home! Curtis just arrived home after being gone this week. It's always nice to have him home safe and sound. (Not to mention an extra set of hands to help with the kids!)

Be sure to be thankful for something in your life today!

No comments: