Monday, August 11, 2008

So, that's how it works!

Cute story to share:
Paisley's preschool held family day to start the school year off today. Part of the event was held in the school's brand new auditorium, where Paisley informed me she needed to go to the bathroom. I put her on the potty, she peed and then she stood up. Well, being that the building is so new, the toilet's have automatic flush... and as toilets like that will do, the toilet flushed after she got off and it was REALLY loud (much more so when you're down on her level, which I can attest to since I was helping her pull up her pants at the time). She was startled and immediately informed me that it scared her. I told her that it was an automatic toilet and it had a sensor that knows when you sit down, then you go and when you stand up it senses that too and it flushes. She nodded her head as if she understood what I was telling her. Next, I went to the bathroom. Of course, it flushed again after me and once again she was startled but nothing was said. At this point, at least 5 minutes had passed since my explanation of the whole process and as we finished washing our hands a little girl came in the door.

The following is their conversation:
Paisley: Do you have to go potty?
Little girl: Yes, I do.
Paisley: Ok, you sit on the potty...
you go pee-pee...
you get up...
and it scares you!
(The funniest part is that she said it so matter of fact.)

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

We're potty training this week... one of my only regrets of having a 3rd child!