Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Atlanta Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk - Oct. 24-26th

Well... I did it! Friday the 24th we walked in 40 degree temperatures with cold wind and rain (it was miserable to tell you the truth), but I walked every mile of the Atlanta Breast Cancer 3-Day walk, I feel like I have a greater awareness of what really matters on this earth and I hope I am a better person because of it. Our team raised over $40,000 (not bad for 12 of us) and as a whole, Susan G. Koman raised $8.3 million from the Atlanta event. There were 3700 walkers, and countless crew and volunteers... all of whom made this weekend special beyond compare. I feel blessed to have shared it with some wonderful girlfriends!! Even saw a few faces from my past and made some new friends along the way! A BIG shout-out to my team - "Team Pink-A-Licious" - Kelli Barber, Joli Burt, Hope Cushen, Candace Crosby, Kristin Santa Maria, Stacy Benz, Yvette Wolfrom, Dena Colburn, Stephanie Woell and Charmaine Lindstrom. (Judith - we missed you!!). You girls rock!! And as always, my walk was dedicated to my grandmother (a victim of breast cancer), my mom (with the hope that she never has to battle it), my daughter (so that she will one day read about breast cancer in the history books), and my 2 friends - Lea Ann Barnes and Teresa Howard (both survivors of breast cancer). These ladies were my inspiration over those long, cold miles!! Thank you to everyone who loved and supported me on this journey. Words cannot express my gratitude!

I put together a little video of my pictures from the weekend in an attempt to give you a taste of what it was like for us. It is a little over 6 minutes long, but I think it goes pretty quick. Enjoy it when you have the time! (Just click on the play button below the screen to see it.)

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

That's awesome. I'm so proud of you for doing this!