Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Dentist

Paisley just brought me a whole tray of pretend food - most of which she informed me was ice cream and cupcakes. (We're going to a birthday party in a few hours so I'm sensing that she has sweets on the brain.) Then she quickly informs me that the tray of food is not for me, but rather it's for her dentist. Her dentist? Really?? Since she has only been to Dr. Mike once and it was a year ago, I am astonished that she is thinking about him all of the sudden today. Of course, he's a friend and neighbor but I still am surprised she has brought him up out of the blue.

So I ask her, "This is for Dr. Mike?" To which she quickly replies, "No."
Ok, now I am really curious. My best friend is also married to a dentist and Curtis has been having some work done on his teeth recently so I'm now thinking maybe she's talking about Chuck.

So next I say to her, "Oh, this is for Uncle Chuck then?" Again, she says, "No!" without hesitation, and I might add sounding a little annoyed with me at this point.

I decide that it's best that I stop guessing and just ask her to tell me who will be the recipient of her yummy food. She tells me it's for O'Malley.
I smile.
O'Malley is our cat.

I then ask, "O'Malley is a dentist?" and she says "Yes..."
(pause)
"O'Malley is the dentist of the Lord."

My cat should be so honored.

3 comments:

Ashly said...

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. It made me cry! And I haven't cried in a little while! Thanks for thinking so highly of me even when I don't think those things about myself. Will you be at Kelsey's party tomorrow? If so, I'll see you and meet you there!

leigh ann said...

We would live such dull lives without these little people, wouldn't we? The stuff we used to think was funny...

Steph said...

Oh, that is so cute...out of the mouths of babes!