Saturday, July 18, 2009

Freedom is bittersweet

Today, the kids went to visit my parents for 5 days. As liberating as it is to have some time to myself, I still found myself overcome with sadness as I watched them drive away. I'm so used to having them around every day that I don't really know what to do with myself... at least when it comes to days of unlimited free time.

At 28 weeks pregnant, I am feeling the "nesting" urge a little bit so I imagine I'll be knocking out some projects I've been dying to do and hopefully get some exercise in as well. But, as I write this, it still feels like the house is too quiet and peaceful right now, almost eerie in a way. I guess the chaos really does grow on you after a while.

No sense procrastinating... as much as I love blogging, I should go get started on some of my home projects. No time like the present, and besides... before I know it, they will be back here destroying the (currently clean) playroom, wanting me to hold them both as I try to make dinner, demanding my attention while I'm on the phone or computer, and fighting over who gets the blue popsicle.

Ah, life is good!

1 comment:

Jack's Family said...

Lucky and fortunate to have some time by yourself, but eerie is the most perfect word to describe a household, minus kids. Get losts done and go out on dates!!