Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Good lab results!

I went to the doctor yesterday (just my regular prenatal check-up). It was time for my glucose screening test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. The nurse just called and all of my results were normal - no diabetes and no anemia. That's good news. I can't imagine having to be on a sugar-free diet while pregnant - that seems so cruel! 

My next appointment is July 24th. I will see both of my doctors that day - the perinatologist will do a follow-up ultrasound to monitor the cysts that the baby has on her brain (and hopefully they will have disappeared or reduced in number), and afterwards my regular OB will do my normal prenatal check-up and discuss my results. 

Then I will start going every 2 weeks for a check-up until 36 weeks when I'll go once a week. Not sure how often I'll continue to see the perinatologist, but I'll know more after the 24th. Between the kids dental/ doctor/ etc. appointments and mine, it feels like I might be living in the doctor's office for the next few months. (sigh)

Third trimester - here I come!

No comments: