Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gratitude Wednesday

Tonight, as I prepare to lay my head down to sleep, I am so grateful to God for the following 5 things:

1. Cousins - my brother and I were the oldest of all of my cousins by quite a few years, and we lived a good distance away from them as well... so I never knew the luxury of growing up with cousins to play with all of the time and share adventures, stories and friends, etc. like many children get to experience. Well, earlier tonight I sat back at the pool and smiled as I watched my children play with their cousins who live only a few miles away and are literally 1 year apart in age. I feel sure that they will grow up loving each other, going to concerts, having sleepovers, sharing friends, going on family vacations together, learning from one another, and yes, probably even getting into trouble. I thank God that they will get to have those experiences. What a blessing to be so close in age and only a few miles away.

2. Baby kicks - this baby girl inside of me kicks up a storm. I can't say for sure if she is my most active (Colby was quite a kicker in the womb too) but she is definitely in the running. Maybe it's because she's running out of room, but I feel like she does somersaults in my belly all day long! Whew - she may not be tired, but it exhausts me just thinking about it. She actually kicked me so hard last night that the remote control sitting on my belly popped up in the air and fell to the ground. Still, it is reassuring to feel her so much and be reminded that she's always with me!

3. Beautiful morning walks - I get an hour each morning to myself to take a walk and it's been so beautiful outside. It hasn't been too hot and I've really enjoyed my unusually pleasant July morning walks (normally, July in Atlanta is sweltering even by 8 am).

4. Peaches & Cherries - It's that time of year (and it only comes for a few months) where peaches and cherries are at their best. I'm sure my grocery bag boy thinks I'm nuts when he sees the amount of each that I buy each week... but I have to enjoy them while I can! I think I ate 8 peaches and a whole bag of cherries for snack today - that might be a little overkill, but it's healthier than chips, right?

5. My kids & bedtime - I should knock on some wood as I type this, but I feel so blessed that my kids go to bed every night with no fuss. I hear stories of kids who come out of their rooms a million times asking for water, stuffed animals, whatever they can think of, etc. and tonight after I put them both down and it was quiet almost immediately, I thought how lucky I am that they don't do that. They truly go to bed almost immediately and with no problem every night. I don't know if we did something right or if we are just blessed... but for now, I will just enjoy it and hope it stays this way.

Sleep tight everyone and be sure to thank God for at least 5 of your many blessings before you do!

No comments: