Monday, September 17, 2007

Conversations with a 2 year old

Grandma and Grandpa (C's mom and dad) were in town the other day and Grandma sat down to have a chat with Paisley. It went something like this:
Paisley: (Miss) P likes to eat!
Grandma: Really? Grandma likes to eat too. You must get that from me.
(pause)
Grandma: What is your favorite thing to eat, Paisley?
(pause)
Paisley: (after much thought...) Hot dogs!
[note: this is most interesting to me as I listen because I was SURE she would say Popsicles - considering they ARE her favorite thing to eat these days and that's all she ever asks for. I certainly would never have guessed hot dogs because she's probably had 3 in her entire life and I can't remember the last time she had one.]
Grandma: I like hot dogs too. And hamburgers. Do you like hamburgers?
Paisley: yes
[another interesting answer considering she doesn't like hamburgers at all and I can never get her to eat one...]
Grandma: Grandma really likes hamburgers. Especially with cheese on top. Do you put cheese on yours?
Paisley: yes
[well, at least we're getting close on this one - she does love cheese!]
Grandma: What about cheesecake? Grandma's favorite is cheesecake. Have you ever eaten cheesecake? (Grandma looks at me) Probably not.
Paisley looks perplexed. She's probably thinking "what is cheesecake?"

Anyway, you get the idea... it was such a cute conversation between them. I wish I could have recorded it! And Grandma is right, Paisley hasn't ever tasted cheesecake before. I have a feeling Grandma will be giving her some the next chance she has. That may even become a "thing" between them... cheesecake with Grandma! Who knows... maybe she'll have hot dogs, hamburgers with cheese AND cheesecake with Grandma. That's what Grandma's are for, after all... right?

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

That sounds exactly like Bradley's diet, all cheese all the time. Unfortunately, not so great for digestion!