Saturday, September 8, 2007

Grateful Thoughts!

Oprah says that everyone should keep a gratitude journal (yes, you'll find that I love Oprah and quote her quite often). I've been trying to keep a journal like this since Paisley was born 2 years ago. It's important to do this so we can appreciate our lives and remind ourselves what we have been given. Each day I try to write down at least 5 things I am grateful for at that moment. Here are my thoughts for this morning.

1) My mom. She's here in town to visit this weekend and it's such a wonderful thing to see her with her grandkids. It gives my heart a smile to see them interact with her and how much love there is between them. I am grateful for her health and that we are blessed to have her love in our lives.
2) My back porch. It is one of my favorite places in my house... especially now that it is cooling off a bit in the mornings. It's like my little oasis and I can completely relax and enjoy the sounds of the crickets in the yard, ducks in the lake and the trains passing by in the distance. It's just so peaceful out there!
3) Exercise. I can't say that I have found it to be easy to exercise with 2 children, but I am doing my best and I feel so great after a good workout in the morning. It really refreshes me and helps me start my day off right!
4) Cuddles with Colby. My two children are very different in some respects. Paisley doesn't care to cuddle very much. She's a busy little 2 year old with lots to accomplish in her world and sitting around cuddling only slows her down. (I think she gets her fast pace from her daddy.) Anyway, Colby is a cuddlebug. He loves to cuddle and will do it all day long. I don't know if he'll outgrow this but for now, I am grateful for his willingness to cuddle with me.
5) Peaches. One of my favorite fruits is a peach. Especially a good GA or SC peach. I know that they will not be in season much longer so I am enjoying as many as I can right now (I eat about 6-8 a day). At least they are a healthy snack, right?
6) Chocolate Chip Pancakes. My husband is so good to me! He loves to make me breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings. One of his specialties is chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!! My favorite. As I am writing this, he is busy making me some. I can't wait to eat them! Thank you God for wonderful husbands and chocolate chip pancakes!

No comments: