Sunday, August 1, 2010

Michael Phelps - you better watch out!

At just 3 years old, Colby has become quite the swimmer. Most people who know him are aware of this and it doesn't phase them to see a little guy so small out there doing things without a life-vest on or an adult around to watch over him. However, I can't help but chuckle at the faces of people that we don't know whenever he jumps into the deep end of the pool without an adult next to him. I can see the fear in their eyes as they search around to see if the lifeguards or his parents are nearby to rescue him. What they don't know is that the kid can swim better than me - and I might be the one who needs his help someday in the pool. Of course, the lifeguards know Colby very, very well (we go to the pool every day) and do not worry about him one bit, but again it probably seems crazy to those who are not aware of how much this little guy can do in the pool

Once Colby mastered swimming, his daddy (Mr. Daredevil himself) decided it was time to teach him a few fun (and I'd say a little nerve-racking) pool tricks. Keep in mind that I had NOTHING to do with this... but once Colby gets a taste of something, there is little you can do to discourage him. So, being the supportive mama that I am, I videotaped them to remember that he was able to do them when he was just 3 years old. I thought I'd post them so everyone can see what he has learned.

Doing a back dive:


Doing a front flip just like his Daddy:


Diving and hitting a small target (in this case the small hole inside of a tube):


Michael Phelps - you better watch out!

No comments: