Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Itty Bitty Perceptions (in the eyes of our children)

So... apparently, our children think that Curtis and I do not work. It's actually mostly true for me - I am a stay-at-home mom so I do not go to a conventional job everyday. Curtis, on the other hand, has a great job but his company is between products to sell so he has been blessed with a flexible schedule that has allowed him to spend more time playing than working this summer. The 2 conversations below show Paisley and Colby's perceptions of "work", most likely based on observations over the past few months.

Curtis: "Paisley, would you like to go to work with me one day?"
Paisley: "That's silly, Daddy. Don't you know that girls don't work??"

--------

Colby: "Mama, where's my Daddy?"
Lisa: "He's working."
Colby: ""Is Daddy golfing while working?"
Lisa: "No, Colby. Daddy doesn't play golf for a living... he works at a computer and talks to people on the telephone all day long."

Sorry to disappoint them both. And believe it or not, I never told Paisley that women don't work. I actually have no idea what gave her that idea!

Hope you have a wonderful day today!

No comments: