Thursday, December 11, 2008

I was afraid of this...

It was bound to happen - I knew it was too good to be true. Ever since Paisley was born she has loved people in costume. Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Elmo, or Disney characters - it really doesn't matter how big or who - she absolutely adores them. She even loved the inflatable "Shrek the Vampire" (as many of you may remember from our christmas card last year) that comes to our neighbors front yard each October. There is not much in this world that frightens Paisley. 

For the past 3 years, I have watched so many children scream and cry as they approached Santa or were placed on his lap... and I'd feel bad for their parents because I couldn't imagine having that situation. My biggest concern has always been how to get Paisley away from Santa Claus once her turn is finished. She just loves him so much that she never wants it to end. 

I had a feeling Colby might be different. His personality is clingier for one thing (I just love the way he holds onto me when we're out and about but it doesn't bode well for exploring new things). My next clue was that he gets frightened by things a little easier than Paisley does and is a little more cautious. And then there were those adorable characters at Disneyworld. He loved looking at them, but the moment they got too close or tried to hold him, he wanted none of it. So... I was dreading our visit to Santa Claus. It started out as I expected it would but he actually warmed up a bit. Here is some video for you to share in the experience:


1 comment:

Al said...

This was Max too! So funny. I can't help but laugh. You know how scared they must have been. And there we are, cracking up, filming away, not coming to their rescue.