Monday, December 8, 2008

Mama, my belly is getting bigger!

Paisley told me tonight that her belly is getting bigger. I look at it and it seems the same as always.
I said "What do you mean? Did you eat too much dinner?"
"No," she says " my belly is getting bigger. It's going to grow bigger and bigger and bigger... because I have a baby inside it. Tonight I'm going to have a baby."
"Oh." I say. Stunned. Where did she pick this up? Sure, I've had several pregnant friends over the past year and even her aunt had a baby in August but no one in our lives has been pregnant lately. I can't help but wonder why she is focused on this all of the sudden.
"Yes, and I'm going to have the baby tonight," she continues, "and I will name her Katie. I love her so much - my baby Katie."
And with that she walked away.
Interesting.
From the mouths of babes...

No comments: