Monday, December 1, 2008

Our 5th Anniversary


Curtis and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary just before Thanksgiving. We were able to get a night away without the kids thanks to my mom and dad. It was a win-win situation... we got to celebrate adult-style (in other words - we didn't have to attempt an adult conversation over refereeing fights between Thing 1 and Thing 2... and we got to sleep in past 6:30 am). It was really, really nice! And mom and dad got to take the grandbabies to the OR Children's Museum and the Light Festival. Needless to say, the kids had a blast too!

In honor of our fifth anniversary, Curtis indulged me just a bit with something I've always wanted to do (at least since I was in college and watched that famous "Friend's" episode where Monica tries on a wedding gown and cries when she has to take it off...) - we had a wedding dress party (where everyone dresses in their wedding attire) with some of our closest friends. And yes, in case you are wondering... everyone invited either wore their original wedding attire, a white dress or a bridesmaids dress (suits or tuxes for the guys). It was great fun!

1 comment:

joanna said...

I have a friend down the street who wears her wedding dress every anniversary. I meant to stop by on the day and say Happy Anniversary to her just so I could see - but I forgot. So a party dressing up in wedding attire sounds fun! ~and Happy Anniversary to you, too!