Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Favorite Things (Christmas Version)

Just a few of my favorite things at Christmas-time:
1) "Silent Night" sung acapella
2) A beautiful display of (tasteful) Christmas lights
3) The excitement in Colby and Paisley's eyes when they see Jingle (our Elf on the Shelf) each morning
4) Taking Paisley to pick out stuff for Operation Christmas Child and the Angel Tree
5) My house with all the lights out but our trees and garland lights - and a fire in the fireplace
6) Singing "Away In a Manger" to my kids each night
7) Shopping for my kid's gifts
8) Christmas carolers
9) Singing "Joy To The World" at the top of my lungs when I'm alone in the car
10) Tree lightings
11) Watching my girlfriends fight over silly prizes at my ornament party
12) Our annual Christmas dinner
13) Reading the Christmas Story on Christmas morning
14) Watching the joy in my children's eyes over little things like our snowman snowglobe and lighted ginger bread house
15) Looking forward to my children's excitement on Christmas morning
16) The smell of a live Christmas tree in the house

1 comment:

joanna said...

I love to imagine you belting out Joy to the World in the car by yourself! love the list in general...