Saturday, January 24, 2009

More random things about me...

I was responding to a request from a friend on Facebook and thought I'd post my answers here too. These are 25 random things about me (that you may not know or care to know):

1. I love photography- especially candid shots of real moments in time. I have about 3 photographers that I use to photograph my children regularly (besides me and my dad) and it drives my husband crazy. I figure I'll never get these moments back so I better capture them while I can.

2. I always dreamed about having a daughter (and am thrilled that I was blessed with one) but never knew how much of a crush I would have on my little boy. He has absolutely stolen my heart!

3. I am proud to say I was the wedding planner for the first wedding ever held at Turner Field (where the Atlanta Braves play baseball) - the couple got married on the actual field.

4. I am fortunate enough to have traveled to 41 of the 50 states in America (plus the District of Columbia). One of my favorite spots in the US is Grafton, Vermont... what a small quaint piece of Americana!

5. When I die, I'd like my epitaph to say that I was a great mom and a loving wife.

6. I hate drugs of any kind and avoid taking them at all cost: I prefer that my dentist drill on me without Novocain and I requested no epidural for my labor and delivery of both my children.

7. I love to read, but was surprised at how much I absolutely love the Harry Potter book series. I even cried like a baby when I finished the last book.

8. I wish my parents lived down the street from me (instead of 3 hours away)... I love to watch them interact with my children.

9. I am married to one of the most fun, giving and true people that ever walked this earth. I love him so much!!

10. I love playing tennis. I only started a few years ago, but have become completely addicted to it.

11. I can't stand judgmental people - no one knows what it's like to be you, but you. I love people who take the time to understand you and accept you for the person you are - flaws and all.

12. I am too trusting of people sometimes and as I grow older, I've (sadly) learned that I really only have a handful of TRUE friends on this earth.

13. I have always wanted to be a mom and have a (big?) family. It's really the only dream I can remember from when I was young. (The big part is debatable now, but I've been blessed with the family part.)

14. I love to travel. Some of my favorite international spots are Puerto Varas, Chile; Santorini, Greece; and Lucerne, Switzerland.

15. One of the happiest memories I have of my granddad (who died last year) is seeing him with my children (his only 2 great-grandchildren). He was crazy in love with them and the pride in his eyes when he looked at them moved me to tears. I feel blessed for the time they had together and that Paisley still remembers him.

16. I love the smell of a wood burning fire, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, a newborn baby's skin and the air outside just after it's rained on a summer's day.

17. My greatest fear is the loss of one of my children. I don't know how I'll ever breathe again if anything ever happens to one of them!

18. I've always thought that once my kids were grown, if I could do anything I would write a novel or be a public speaker. I love being an event planner too.

19. I love being pregnant but it bums me out that my body won't go into labor on it's own... my babies just don't want to leave my womb, I guess.

20. My granddad owned a cabin in a small town in NC (now my mom and her siblings own it) and I love going there more than any place on earth. I go there to find peace and feel closer to God.

21. I was on the same ValuJet plane that landed in Miami on May 11, 1996 then turned around to return to Atlanta and crashed in the everglades.

22. I love ice cream. It is one of my favorite things to eat. By popular demand, I'm also adding that I love to put ketchup on my macaroni and cheese (it's better than it sounds) and I can eat a whole carton of french onion dip with my baked Ruffles in one sitting. And lastly, on the food front... I can eat a whole box of Thin Mints in one sitting too. It's sad but true!

23. My greatest hope is that I live until I'm really old... not for myself, but for my children. I cannot imagine the pain in losing a mother when you're young (or ever for that matter).

24. I love the beach - the sound, smell and sight of it. I love watching my children play on the beach... but I do not care so much for getting in the ocean.

25. I often wonder how I became so fortunate. I have a great life.

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

I had no idea about the Valu-Jet thing. Praise God that you got off that plane. I bet that caused a bit of soul-searching for a few days!