Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Paisley-isms


Here are just a few of the funny things Paisley has said and done recently:
1) "Hear-phones" - this is what she calls the earphones that she wears in the car to hear what's on her DVD player. It's not only
funny but also makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

2) "I had a great day skate-icing" - the first time we took her ice skating a few weeks ago this was what she called it: skate-icing. It was really cute, but I told Curtis we had to correct her because it would only be cute for so long.

3) "I really like your scratches, Mr. Phill." Our neighbor and friend, Phill, is on crutches and she was complimenting him on them.

4) "Do you need one, Daddy?" (offering him a UNUSED, packaged tampon while he was sitting on the toilet one day). Upon his response of "No", she responded... "I will get one when I get older but not just yet."

5) Don't forget Cinderella in the manger. We have a little manger scene that Paisley loves to play with every day. I wish I had taken a picture of this, but one day she had Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the angel, the shepherd and Cinderella all setup appropriately. Yes, Paisley, let's not forget Cinderella's role in the birth of Jesus!!

6) "I have ketchup in my nose!" She went to blow her nose this morning after eating something with ketchup on it. The ketchup that was around her lips got on the kleenex when she blew her nose, and as she was handing it to me, she noticed it and thought it came from inside her nose.

7) "You are not allowed in my office, Colby!" - This is what she told Colby the other day when he tried to enter the playroom. The ironic thing is that it may be my fault. She's not allowed to play in my office at home so I tell her the same thing... only mine really IS an office.

8) And, of course, the picture at the top of this entry of Paisley with the bandaid covering her nostrils. She has a little cold and her nose is sore. I've been putting "feel good cream" (i.e. vaseline) on it daily to help with the soreness, but today she also wanted a bandaid. I put it on over the top of her nose, but she immediatley took it off and re-applied it the way she wanted it. She informed me that I didn't apply it where it hurt most. It was too funny not to capture the moment on film.

Enjoy your children. They really do have a unique outlook on life!

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

She sounds so much like you - I wish I could spend some time with that child! :)